Louis talks to us about his three favourite Belgian delicacies and the big reasons for his transition into documentary photography.
*This interview was transcribed from The 88’s podcast interview with Louis.
Consequently, the content has been edited where appropriate.
Three of your favourite Belgian delicacies:
– zeevruchten; chocolate seashells
– friet met joppie; fries and joppie sauce
– frikandel; Belgian sausage – it’s not healthy at all but a guilty pleasure kinda food!
Three people inspiring you right now:
– Ryan Cheng (Founder of The 88 – thanks Louis!)
– Sebastiaan Franco (Belgian photographer)
– Rudi Vranckx (Belgian journalist & film maker)
Three reasons you do what you do:
– Purpose; this is more a feeling but translates into drive
– the power of photography to change
– Fun; its the pleasure of taking the photos and the post production process of seeing your photos come to life – its just enjoying the process!
Listen to the full podcast; or find it on Apple Music, Spotify and Anchor.
Louis Lammertyn is a documentary photographer and sustainability consultant from Belgium.